2- 3 March 2019: Learn Essential Grant Proposal Writing Skills in only 2 days
The 2 day online live grant proposal writing training course is carried out through a live virtual classroom. The grant proposal writing expert will use a series of collaborative, live online classes, self-directed learning activities and real-time coaching and evaluation. You will:
- Learn step-by-step how to write a winning grant proposal
- Apply what you have learned during the training
- Have your work reviewed and receive personalised feedback
The grant proposal writing training will equip you with the important skills, tools and tricks to prepare persuasive, interesting and easy to read grant proposals. You will learn how to clearly demonstrate your project’s objectives, activities, specific time frames and prepare realistic budgets using SMART indicators. This training experience will improve your chances of funding success.
Learn how to address donors’ requirements and expectations, understand what type of donors will be interested in your project and how to approach them in a professional manner. These skills are essential to make your project stand out from the crowd.
This is an accelerated training course to grant proposal writing and cancels out self-pace courses where you need to be very disciplined, organised and spend more time understanding the topic. Through online live training, you will obtain the necessary skills within just a couple of days, participate in class discussions, learn from others experience and do practical exercises.
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Perform research and assessment of viable funding sources
- Identify and write proposals to the funders fitting to your project idea
- Define the strategies and appropriate methodology for development of your grant proposal
- Apply the suitable proposal style
- Perform a project need analysis and adequate solution within your project idea
- Employ various tips and tricks to improve writing skills
- Proof read and edit effectively
- Understand how the proposal evaluators would read your proposal
- To use logical framework to structure your project proposal
- Incorporate cost analysis properly
- Prepare accurate and realistic budget
- Build an evaluation plan
- Assemble a proposal package for submission
- To manage post-award or rejection communication with funders
How does the online aspect work?
This accelerated grant proposal writing training combines online learning with an intensive face-to-face group workshop. The training is carried out live through an online classroom. You will receive the link to the classroom with all the necessary materials.
Information on each topic is provided, together with a range of activities designed to support the learning where you will be able to LEARN BY DOING through asking questions, participating discussions, practical exercises and listening to the trainer’s instructions and best case practices.
Click here to view Agenda.
Who will benefit?
- For those who work in nonprofit, civil society, community-based organisations
- Programme and project managers who are involved in grant proposal writing
- For those who work or wish to obtain skills in grant proposal writing
The training is delivered by an expert in European and International Politics. Penelopi has been working with nonprofit, community-based and civil society organisations in international development projects and programmes. She has been providing training, including grant proposal writing training, and technical assistance in EC funded projects over the last 16 years,
Her professional experience covers implementation and management of technical assistance projects for major international donors (EU, World Bank, UNDP), with a solid track record as a grant expert, collaborating with donors and program directors to pair program needs with appropriate funding sources, overseeing grant proposal writing, contracts, and award phases of grants and endowments and managing projects’ spending, reports and invoicing.
She has been providing technical assistance to programme initiators in the development and launching of grant schemes by preparing calls for proposals and guidelines for applicants in different sectors including regional development, social inclusion, economic competitiveness and energy efficiency.
Penelopi has served as grant reviewer in a number of donor funded projects undertaking appraisal of project proposals as part of a competitive application process, and providing selection and funding recommendations, as well as constructive feedback to all successful and unsuccessful applicants.
Since 2002, Pinelopi has been providing training, coaching and mentoring to potential grant applicants and grant holders on all aspects of grant proposal development and application preparation and grant contracts’ implementation and monitoring, ensuring that funds are spent-down efficiently and in-line with contractual terms and agreements. Part of her assignments also includes her functioning as a chief liaison between grant operators and donors, negotiating contracts and facilitating operations.
Register for the training
- Up to 15 places are available, register 14 days before the start of the training date.
- Training fee: $175
- As soon as you have registered, you will receive a pre-training questionnaire.
- You will receive a link to the virtual classroom to which you will be able to log into on the training day.
- Prior to the start date of the training, you will also receive handouts, resources and other material that you will need.
Limited spaces are available for our virtual training. Book now or register below to be notified of the next available dates.