3-Day Webinar on Integrated Sustainable Water Resource Management Training
Water resource management – is one of the biggest challenges of the 21stcentury. Today, we are facing a global water challenge and this major issue is growing and exploding throughout different countries. Cities in North and South America and from Australia to Asia increasingly face threats of drinking water shortages.
Being trained in sustainable integrated water resource management will teach you the most advanced tools and techniques available in sustainable integrated water resource management, and will instruct you on how to use them.
By applying the acquired knowledge, tools and practical solutions to your local contexts you will be able to assess and understand how and why sustainable IWRM is an appropriate solution for water sector and how through this system you may meet your existing and future needs.
This fast-track to integrated water resource management training course provides you the necessary insights, skills and frameworks to assess the situation and find the right solutions to address the water challenge. During the training you will learn about
- The key elements of sustainable integrated water resource management;
- The main drivers of sustainable integrated water resource management;
- Sustainable integrated water resource management strategy and planning;
- Main actors involved and their role in sustainable integrated water resource management;
- Governance and cost implications of sustainable integrated water resource management;
- How to monitoring and evaluate integrated water resource management;
- Stakeholder engagement and community involvement of sustainable integrated water resource management;
- Training-of-Trainer: How to train others in sustainable integrated water resource management
How does the online aspect work?
This accelerated training combines online learning with an intensive online group workshop, through an online classroom. You will receive the link to the classroom with all the necessary materials.
Information on each topic is provided, together with a range of activities designed to support the learning where you will be able to LEARN BY DOING through asking questions, participating discussions, practical exercises and listening to the trainer’s instructions and best case practices.
Click here to view Agenda.
Who will benefit?
- Consultants and experts working or looking to work in the water sector
- Professionals who work in the water sector or have projects related to
- Municipalities, councils and other government organisations
- For those who work in nonprofit, civil society, community-based organisations
- Programme and project managers, administrators, coordinators and other professionals who work on water-related or community-based projects
- For those who work or wish to get involved in addressing the growing water challenge
David Lyth is a water, waste and environmental consultant with 25 years of professional experience in the water sector and environmental management in central, eastern and western Europe, the Middle East/Gulf, sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. He holds a MSc Environmental Resources Planning from University of Aberdeen, UK.
During his professional career, he has directed, managed and contributed to a wide range of projects in the water sector, having worked in the UK water industry (Northumbrian Water-Suez) for eight years, covering projects in policy, strategy and infrastructure development across UK, Ireland, Egypt, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland and Bangladesh. Since then, he has focused on programming and project preparation of WASH projects mainly across central and eastern Europe, Middle East and sub-Saharan Africa. He also recently advised on the implementation of the Lusaka Sanitation Program, Zambia and on behalf of the EU Delegation, and the programming of the Albanian water sector, which included components on both integrated water resources management and wastewater management. He also has extensive knowledge and experience of working with IFIs and donors, including ADA, AfDB, Commonwealth Secretariat, DfID, EIB, EBRD, EU, KfW, SECO, SIDA, UN and the World Bank
Mr. Lyth has directed, managed and contributed to the development, preparation and review of integrated water (and wastewater) strategies and feasibility studies. These have included major infrastructure investment projects in the UK, Bulgaria, Hungary, Lithuania, Montenegro, Serbia, including the 200 million British Pound Tees Estuary wastewater scheme; Budapest wastewater treatment scheme, Sofia integrated water and waste water scheme and number of integrated water supply and wastewater management investments in Montenegro and Serbia.
He is also a registered evaluator of UN and IFI/donor programmes and projects in the water and environmental sectors, and has recently evaluated an UNECE programme on equitable access to water and sanitation.
He is an experience and skilled trainer, having managed the training components of institutional strengthening programmes for Ministries of Environment in Lithuania and Bulgaria and the Municipal Infrastructure Support Programme in Serbia. During these programmes, he delivered training in water supply, wastewater management, water resources, environmental awareness, project preparation, financing of municipal and environmental infrastructure to a number of beneficiaries and stakeholders at governmental, public utility company and environmental NGO levels. He delivered trainings at a number of Irish-Bulgarian environmental events, including a as guest lecturer on a visit by the Irish President to Bulgaria. More recently, he directed a capacity development programme (20 training courses) for the Ministry of Environment in Turkey, which delivered multi trainings in a number of disciplines to strengthen Ministry capacity when planning, preparing and implementing water and waste investment projects. Overall, he has managed and delivered over 150 training courses targeting over 1,000 local and national officials. He has also organised and conducted study tours for national and local government officials on water and environmental issues to Ireland, Lithuania and Portugal.
Mr Lyth is currently operating from Warsaw, Poland as an international independent consultant in water and environmental management, WASH, project preparation, evaluation and capacity building and training.
Register for the training
- Up to 15 places are available, put your name down for the next training.
- Training Fee: $275
- As soon as you have registered, you will receive a pre-training questionnaire.
- You will receive a link to the virtual classroom to which you will be able to log into on the training day.
- Prior to the start date of the training, you will also receive handouts, resources and other material that you will need.
Limited spaces are available for our virtual training. Book now or register below to be notified of the next available dates.