Hospitals Energy Efficiency and Consumption
Hospitals energy efficiency studies have shown that hospitals can reduce their energy costs by 62%. Hospitals consume 2.5 times more electricity than any other commercial building due to their 24/7 operations. Energy gets used up by lighting, heating, air condition and other equipment are continuously consuming electricity and thermal energy, amounting to $1-3 million yearly energy bills.
Reheating of centrally-cooled air represents more than 40% of hospitals energy usage and is also the largest contributor to wasted energy in a hospital.
Here are the typical areas for energy savings in hospitals:
- Include energy efficiency into any new building construction and refurbishment projects including passive building designs
- Improvements to building fabric to reduce heating losses
- Addressing the reheating of centrally-cooled air
- Improvements to heating ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Use of high-efficiency boilers and chiller plant
- Improvements to the control of ventilation fans and water pumps with timers and variable speed drives
Click here to view our energy efficiency project for one of the biggest hospitals in Ireland.
Hospitals Energy Efficiency Services
Before we can identify the areas where your hospital facility is able to save energy and optimise the process, we need to carry out energy audit on your facility or equipment. We do that using data mining tools.
The audit will show you how, when and where are you consuming energy and how you can optimise energy consumption. With that information we can then identify the best hospitals energy efficiency strategy for your facility. We introduce Artificial Intelligence into our solutions to help you control and manage your energy more efficiently over the longer term. The AI will learn and optimise energy consumption and energy sources for you as well as signal (and in some cases repair automatically) any bottlenecks and prevent system breakdowns. Being able to forecast energy breakdowns not only saves on repair costs but may save peoples’ lives.
Below is a list of services we provide. Contact us for further information on hospitals energy efficiency.