Fundraising is the lifeline activity for any nonprofit organisation. Yet in today’s situation of demanding project requirements and limited access to funding, it is an ever challenging task for all.
Where do you go to fund your project? Have you ever knocked on funders’ doors without any luck? Having a good understanding of the fundraising environment will make your fundraising more efficient with higher chances of foundering success.
Learn how to address donors’ requirements and expectations, understand what type of donors will be interested in your project and how to approach them in a professional manner. These skills are essential to make your project stand out from the crowd.
This fast-track fundraising training course which provides you with fresh insights into the key areas of strategy, leadership, governance and finance, thus covering the subjects of the:
- Review in detail all types and sources of donations
- Learn how to assess them and choose the best options following your circumstances
- Gain a better understanding of the fundamentals of why and how donors give, and how to meet their goals correctly
- Gain insight into the various methods of fundraising and learn how to choose and apply them through learning-by-doing exercises
- Learn how to approach different donors, how to prepare, to present and follow-up on established contacts
- Acquire the understanding of the most common fundraising challenges and pitfalls and how to overcome them
How does the online aspect work?
This accelerated training combines online learning with an intensive face-to-face group workshop. The training is carried out live through an online classroom. You will receive the link to the classroom with all the necessary materials.
Information on each topic is provided, together with a range of activities designed to support the learning where you will be able to LEARN BY DOING through asking questions, participating discussions, practical exercises and listening to the trainer’s instructions and best case practices.
Click here to view Agenda.
Who will benefit?
- For those who work in nonprofit, civil society, community-based organisations
- Programme and project managers who need to raise funds, communicate with funders and/or understand how fundraising strategy works
- For those who work or wish to get involved in fundraising
The training is delivered by an expert in the field who is a Certified Trainer for NGO management and development. Jarmila Bujak Stanko has been working for over 15 years with nonprofit, community-based and civil society organisations. She has delivered over 30 training workshops (1500 training days) for over 10,000 participants across 10 countries.
Jarmila has an excellent knowledge and long experience (since 1999) in various project cycle management tasks. She worked as fundraiser, fundraising consultant, project manager responsible for fundraising and assessor of NGO’s fundraising capacities.
She succeeded to raise in total funds for 16 projects, from 14 donors, in the amount of over 1.2 million EUR. She has been providing consulting support to other fundraisers and CSOs in fundraising activities regularly since 2002.
In her rich experience in designing and executing successful training programs she has been appointed to perform specialised training for different clients including donors and international organisations such are: UNDP, UNICEF, UNAIDS, USAID, Christian AID, various ministries and municipalities, institutes, Ombudsman office, CSOs, BCIF, GFATM, Global Fund ProjectImplementation Unit, America’s Development Foundation, Danish Refugee Council, Milieu Kontakt International, Netherlands, Technical Assistance for Civil Society Organisations TACSO MNE, TACSO BiH, TACSO MK, TACSO CRO, IOM, OEBS, CARE Serbia, SPARK Mitrovica Office Kosovo, Helsinki Committee for Human Rights, OSCE/ODIHR, OEBS i REF (Roma Education Fund), Regional Environmental Center (REC) Serbia, REC Moldova and Belarus, SAFEGE, Belgium & Delegation of EU in RS, Eurecna ARCAD, Business & Strategies in Europe, S.A.(B&SEurope), Center for International Legal Cooperation (CILC), Netherlands, OEBS etc.
- Up to 15 places are available, register 4 days before the start of the training date.
- As soon as you have registration, you will receive a pre-training questionnaire.
- You will receive a link to the virtual classroom to which you will be able to log into on the training day.
- Prior to the start date of the training, you will also receive handouts, resources and other material that you will need.
Limited spaces are available for our virtual training. Book now or register below to be notified of the next available dates.