During our consulting work, we have come across many social entrepreneurs and non-profit organisations looking to raise funds through grants. Most of them do not have the financial resources to pay a professional fundraiser, which can easily amount to $500 a day.
We wanted to offer a solution of how to help raise funds for NGOs and entrepreneurs. This is how we have developed a Live Online Fundraising Masterclass. The Fundraising Masterclass provides all the essential skills, tools and frameworks necessary to maximise your fundraising efforts.
Learn how to make your fundraising efforts more effective. Join our interactive online training course to learn the fundamentals of why and how donors give, and how to meet their goals correctly.
Gain an understanding of the most common fundraising challenges and how to overcome them.
Dates: Future Dates to be Determined. Click here to sign up for the next date.
Where: Attend from Anywhere through a Live Online Classroom
Start time: 09:30 – 17:00
Cost: $175 (we do offer sponsored programmes to selected NGOs and Maximpact’s alumni of other training courses. Contact email@example.com for sponsored training fee.)
The course provides the necessary tools, strategies, frameworks and pathways of how to make your fundraising activities more effective. Through this fundraising course, you learn essential fundraising skills and how to get donors interested in your project.
All the tools you will learn can be immediately applied to your projects. The online live course is very interactive, with practical exercises, case studies and discussions.
What will you learn during this course:
- Learn about the different types and sources of donations.
- Learn how to assess them and choose the best option for your project.
- Gain a better understanding of the fundamentals of why and how donors give, and how you can meet their goals.
- Gain insight into the various methods of fundraising and learn how to choose and apply them to your project through LEARNING-BY-DOING exercises in real-time.
- Learn how to approach different donors, how to prepare, how to present and how to follow-up on established contacts.
- Understand the most common fundraising challenges and pitfalls and learn how to overcome them.
Who will benefit?
- People who work in nonprofit, civil society, community-based organisations and social enterprises looking to raise grants.
- Programme and project managers who need to raise funds, communicate with funders and/or understand how fundraising strategy works.
- People who work or wish to get involved in fundraising.
How does the online aspect work?
This accelerated training combines online learning with an intensive face-to-face group workshop. The training is carried out live through an online classroom. You will receive the link to the classroom with all the necessary materials.
Information on each topic is provided, together with a range of activities designed to support the learning where you will be able to LEARN-BY-DOING through asking questions, participating discussions, practical exercises and listening to the trainer’s instructions and best case practices.
The training is delivered by Lorraine – an expert in Middle East politics, university lecturer and trainer, who is also a Research Associate at the Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
Through her career as a consultant, working with International Non Profit Organisations, academia and the private sector, Lorraine obtained a solid track record in fundraising and corporate training. In her trainings she applies practical approach of learning-by-doing and experiential learning experiences in her trainings, so that learners can learn from each other’s experiences and co-create knowledge.
Her experience also covers research, implementation and management of education and livelihoods projects. She has recently established her own social impact initiative to support livelihoods for refugees and other vulnerable populations for which she is currently fundraising.